Puerto Rico Vacations has been my passion since I arrived there more than in the 1960’s and lived there for almost 30 years working in the Travel Industry.
Known as Borinquen and nicknamed “La Isla del Encanto” is the ideal venue for a vacation in the Caribbean.
I has been blessed by Mother Nature with inspiring beaches, lush verdant forests and above all with the nicest people you will meet in the area.
Puerto Rico, being part of the United States does not require passport or visa from US Citizens.
Secluded and romantic Puerto Rico Beaches for your Puerto Rico Vacations
No Passport and no Visa for US Citizens
Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth of the United States and all Puerto Ricans are American Citizens.
You can enjoy your Puerto Rico Vacations without Passport or visa if you are a US citizen.
Spanish and English are the official languages.
Although Spanish is the primary language, English is widely spoken all over the island.
Puerto Rico's new and impressive Convention Center
We start our Puerto Rico Vacations tour in San Juan
In the many years that I lived in Puerto Rico I visited practically every single town and beach and spent many Beach Vacations with my wife and children. So let’s start an imaginary tour around the Island. Take a rental car and drive due east starting and ending in Old San Juan, the charming capital.
Here are the places we will visit:
• Northeast Coast
• Luis Muñoz Marin - International Airport. The airport is a modern Hub connecting the world and the US mainland with the rest of the Caribbean Islands.
• El Yunque rainforest and Luquillo Beach
• East Coast
• The City of Fajardo and the area of “Las Croabas” host the world famous El Conquistador Beach Resort. From there you can see the Puerto Rican islands of Vieques Puerto Rico and Culebra.
• South Coast
• Many exotic beaches, and Ponce, the second largest city of Puerto Rico
• South West Coast
• The cities of Yauco and San German. • The colorful town Cabo Rojo, host of Boqueron Beach.
• West Coast
• The area known as Porta del Sol, meaning the Gate of the Sun in Spanish. It is more laid back area than the rest of Puerto Rico. One of the best known towns of this area is Rincon.
The famous Isla Verde Beach near the Airport
A great beginning for your Puerto Rico Vacations.
• The city of Mayaguez, important for its business and University.
• North West
• The city of Aguadilla. The city is becoming an important tourist attraction for its Beaches Resorts and an International Airport connecting the west of the Island with many cities in the continent.
• North Coast
• Arecibo with its world renowned Observatory. • Dorado Beach where we spent so many Caribbean Family Vacations.
• San Juan Metropolitan Area
• The thriving cities of Bayamon and Guaynabo. • San Juan, an important Capital City divided into Old San Juan and the new city surrounded by expressways, skyscrapers and active shopping malls.
Our Travel Agency was located a few block from here in Old San Juan
Puerto Rico Beaches
I am writing an article dedicated to Puerto Rico Beaches. I couldn’t go without that page. I have been to most of them and can tell you that it is difficult to say which is better than the other.
From Luquillo Beach on the northeast to Boqueron on the Southwest they are all flagrant exotic beaches.
The beaches offer something for everyone; from snorkeling to scuba diving; from parasailing to bodysurfing and all kind of Caribbean Sports.
And they all have in common crystal clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean on the north or the Caribbean Sea on the south, and warm white sands all over the island.
This is just a summary of some of the best Puerto Rico beaches by region. We will elaborate about one by one. Go to Puerto Rico Beaches.
• Condado Beach • Dorado Beach • Isla Verde Beach • Luquillo Beach • Ocean park • Seven Seas Beach
• Las Croabas • Punta Santiago • Rio Grande
• Caja de Muerto • Ballenas Beach • Caña Gorda • Guanica
• Rincon Beaches • Boqueron • La Parguera • Northwest Coast • Crashboat Beach • Aguadilla Beaches
Island of Culebra
Island of Vieques
• Sun bay Beach
• Media Luna Beach
As you see, Puerto Rico Vacations is a unique experience. Here you spend the days on the beaches or the rain forests. And in the evenings the island nightlife of the many hotels, nightclubs, casinos and discotheques will keep you awake until the wee hours of the morning.
In the following pages I will tell you more about my beautiful Caribbean Paradise.
Image Credits for Puerto Rico Vacations:
convention center by mtmelendez
isla verde n/a
old san juan street by chad fitz
surfing isabela by abnel gonzalez
All courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
The resorts images are courtesy of the resorts mentioned.
Do you live in the Caribbean? Are you a native or an expatriate? I am sure you have many stories to tell us.
Our readers will love to hear from you.
Copyright Le Caribbean Islands 2008 - 2013