Let me be your guide on the Caribbean Beaches. These amazing beaches are among the most beautiful ones in the world. They come in all types; some are covered with white powdered sand and some with black or grey sands of volcanic origin. The waters surrounding the beaches are rough on the Atlantic side and quiet on the Caribbean side ideal for swimming and water sports.
The Caribbean Beaches that I know for so many years are great for a Family Caribbean Vacation, for honeymooners, for singles and last but not least for great Caribbean Weddings on the shores of many of them.
Culebrita Island a majestic example of Puerto Rico Beaches
Beaches on the Atlantic side
On the Atlantic side, as in Barbados, Antigua, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic, the waters are rough and some times wild. They are ideal for all kinds of water sports that require high waves and strong winds.
Beaches on the Caribbean side
On the other side, with the sea being as calm as a lake, the waters are gentle and great for swimming and relaxing on the beach. They are very popular for Caribbean Snorkeling and Caribbean Watersports.
In each island we'll find many beaches on the Caribbean side that are popular with tourists and locals alike. Go to any of my pages on each island for descriptions of their beaches.
Most of the Caribbean Beach Resorts are located on this calm and relaxed side of the islands.
Magens Bay is the most beautiful of St Thomas Beaches
Such a variety of beaches
• St Thomas USVI has spectacular beaches like:
• Magens Bay which is by far my favorite, is ideal for a Caribbean Family Vacation, but there are many other spectacular beaches like:
• Hull Bay, famous for its surfing. When the surf is up, locals and tourists alike gather there for the best surfing.
• Little Magens Bay is the only nude beach on the island. Go at your own risk.
• Secret Harbor on the west is calm and features tranquil waters that are shallow for a long distance from the shore.
• Vessup Beach is great for windsurfers and has awe inspiring views to St John USVI and the British Virgin islands.
• Sapphire Beach resort is known for welcoming beach visitors on its premises.
St Martin Beaches are very popular among French Visitors
French St Martin shares a tiny island with Dutch St Maarten
• St Martin, that shares the island with Dutch St Maarten, has its share of incredible beaches:
• Baie Nettle or Nettle Bay a lovely beach with calm waters in which you can stay for the day.
• Happy Bay Beach is a deserted beach with still waters, ideal for those looking for solace and silence.
• Coconut Grove Beach is family oriented with quiet waters for small children.
• Baie Orientale or Orient Bay Beach is one of the best beaches on the island attracting many tourists. The shoreline is lined by hotels, restaurants and many Water Sports stands.
• Baie Longe or Long Bay made of miles of white powdered sand, great for long strolls. It hosts the world renowned La Samanna Hotel, one of the best Caribbean Beach Resorts.
• Baie aux Prunes or Plum Bay Beach its golden sand is unspoiled. The place is ideal for peaceful relaxation as well as for good Caribbean surfing.
• Anse Marcel Beach is the home of the great Caribbean Beach resorts - Le Meridien. The family oriented beach is made of golden sand and calm waters
St Martin Beaches are among the best in the Caribbean area.
• St Vincent and the Grenadines is a necklace of little islands and islets. The islands of Bequia and Mustique are my favorites
The island of Bequia offers the best beaches and hosts most of the activities that a tourist looks for, in the main town of Port Elizabeth or around the tiny island. It is an easy ferry ride away from the big island and luxurious yachts from all over the world are regular visitors on the blue waters of Admiralty Bay.
Mustique the “creme de la creme” of the Grenadines. It is privately owned by a British Lord, and features many private Caribbean Luxury Villas catering to the Rich and Famous of the world like Tommy Hilfiger and Mick Jagger.
Some of Grenada Beaches are of black sand of volcanic origin
There are so many Romantic Getaways and secluded areas in the Islands that it is impossible to mention all of them. Take for example:
There are lovers’ getaways in:
In the islands the beaches are of flagrant sand quality, even though not all of them are white. There are some beaches of grey-black sands of volcanic origin. But one thing they have in common: the waters surrounding both islands are calm turquoise blue and transparent clear.
One of them is Pinneys’s Beach is a long white sand beach
surrounded by coconut trees. It is an ideal place to relax and enjoy
lovely views of neighboring St Kitts on the other side of the channel.
Please visit our page on Nevis for a summary of all beaches.
• St Barths
An abundance of beaches, more than 20, breathtaking views from every corner.
This beautiful and peaceful isle has plenty of them. In this
island you may indulge in all the following activities to make this a
Many islands allow nude bathing, with special areas reserved for that. But many of the islands with a “prude” heritage won’t allow nude bathing, like in Anguilla where it is not permitted.
You'll enjoy Caribbean Snorkeling and Scuba diving in any of the beaches
Caribbean Family Vacations
They are ideal for Family Vacations
If you are thinking of what to do with your children on your next
vacation, Caribbean Family Vacations are the best idea. Why? Because
the kids will be so busy with so many activities that you’ll finally
find some time and space for yourself and where children and adults
alike can enjoy the white sand and blue seas to a maximum.
Caribbean Honeymoons and Weddings
Many visitors come to the Caribbean Beaches for an Island Honeymoon where they enjoy peace and solace not found anywhere else in the world. And, last but not least, the famous Caribbean Weddings in setting not found anywhere els in the world full of romanticism, love and friendship.
Plan your dreamed Island Wedding. Let the groom and bride relax and be present with the rest of the family while experts in this type of tourism will handle everything for you.
And last but not least enjoy the Caribbean nightlife...
The Caribbean Beaches are second to none when speaking of white sands and clear water.
All courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
The resorts images are courtesy of the resorts mentioned.
Please tell us about the beaches you know in the Caribbean...
Which, in your opinion, is the best of all?
Our readers will thank you
From Caribbean Beaches go to Anguilla Beaches
Go to Caribbean Nude Beaches
Go to Grenada Beaches
Go to Nevis Beaches
Go to St Kitts Beaches
Go to Tobago Beaches
Go to Caribbean Best Beaches
Go to Best Caribbean Beaches
Copyright Le Caribbean Islands 2008 - 2013